Weekly Links Roundup – 2018 Marketing Statistics, Blogging Benefits, Website Redesigns
The top website and online marketing links of the week.
Are you a stats person? This is just for you! Here is HubSpot’s ultimate list of marketing statistics for 2018 – enjoy! Some of the standouts for me include:
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website. (Blue Corona, 2018). What this means: you need an SSL certificate for your site if you don’t already have one.
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (MarTech, 2018). What this means: the majority of searchers ignore the paid results on search results pages.
- B2B companies that blogged 11+ times per month had almost three times more traffic than those blogging 0-1 times per month. (HubSpot, 2015). What this means: you need to pay more attention to your blog.
- 11 a.m. ET has the highest clickthrough rate for email sends. (HubSpot, 2015). What this means: your email platform likely offers you the choice of when to send out your mails or newsletters, so take advantage of that.
And a logical next item: see 5 reasons why fresh content is crucial for SEO. That means regular blog posts or other additions of high-quality content on a consistent basis. Google likes regular updates, and regular updates make search bots visit your site more frequently. More frequent visits can lead to ranking improvements, as long as the new content is high in quality.
How can you tell if you need a website redesign? A few key things that say “yes, you could benefit from a redesign” include:
- Your site is not mobile friendly (this will impact your search rankings).
- Your site is older than 3 years, and may be looking dated.
- Your site isn’t converting well (people aren’t contacting you or buying or signing up the way you want them to).
- Your site doesn’t have the features you need anymore as your business has changed.
- Your site doesn’t reflect your current business identity or brand.
When you’re ready to chat about a redesign, please get in touch. Red Kite is here for you!
Did you find this information useful? Please share with your friends and colleagues! And comment below with questions or observations.