We’re a Fort Collins, Colorado web design and development company, located an hour north of Denver. Web design has been a passion since owner Debbie Campbell first learned to code in grad school, stuck in a Pennsylvania blizzard over Thanksgiving vacation.
Our purpose and pleasure is providing web design services for small business – empowering them to take control of their own online presence.
Why Choose Red Kite?
Hello, I’m Debbie. I have over 23 years of experience in professional web design and development. My Colorado website design company has specialized in custom WordPress design and development since 2009.
I’m a problem solver. I love using my creative and analytical skills to come up with solutions that engage visitors and meet the business’s goals, yet still offer an easy-to-use online experience. I believe good design is invisible – it provides context and direction but doesn’t get in the user’s way.
One of the best things about being a web designer and WordPress developer is getting to work with a wide variety of business clients from all kinds of industries. The other best thing is that I get to learn something new almost every day. I’m an active blogger and I continue to build my expertise through classes, conferences and workshops.
I’ve earned my SEO Specialist qualification from ClickMinded. I’ve also taken coursework in advanced WordPress performance optimization.
I’m one of the original founders of Fort Collins Internet Pros, a Meetup group that currently has over 900 members.
When I’m not designing websites, I’m an avid amateur photographer. Check out my work on 500px or Instagram. I’m also into stand up paddleboarding (SUP), English springer spaniels, and running up to half marathons.
Why Is Choosing the Right Web Designer So Critical?
Red Kite makes your life easier by providing you with a website that you can manage and grow without the ongoing help of a web designer – and we’ll educate you on how to use it, too. We talk honestly with clients about what works and what doesn’t in the web world because we believe that an enlightened client is far more likely to succeed. A successful client is the best testimonial we can ask for!
More reasons to hire Red Kite:
- We value long-term partnerships. We’ve worked with some small business clients for over 12 years (that’s a long time in Internet years!).
- WordPress experts. Our core services have revolved around WordPress since 2009 and we have well over 200 custom WordPress business websites to our credit. Why WordPress?
- We’re small. Red Kite is a small company, it’s true – but that makes us fast and agile. It also means that when you contact us you’ll talk with the person that’s actually working on your project. We like partnering closely with our clients, and being small means we can give each project the attention and care it deserves.
- Ecommerce-experienced. We designed, built and ran a successful online retail store for 9 years; we have the first-hand, from-the-ground-up, in-the-trenches ecommerce experience that you won’t find in a typical web developer. We can walk you through the world of ecommerce with a unique perspective, and help you get started selling on your website.
- SEO smarts. We know SEO, and how to build SEO-friendly websites. We understand the technical issues that can keep your site from ranking well and how to address them.
- Performance is critical. We build lean sites; clean code is better for load times. And we have lots of experience and expert training in making WordPress faster.
- Responsive websites. Mobile-friendly is not in any way an option. Every site we design and build will work nicely in phones, tablets and desktops.
- We understand WordPress security. A secure site is important for both you and your users and we can help you reach that next level in securing your site.
Who Works With Red Kite?
Our clients includes retail shop owners and mail order businesses, interior designers, coaches, farmers, event planners, real estate agents, photographers, accountants, artists, designers, professional organizations, R&D firms, non-profits, marketing pros, consultants, software developers and architects. We work with small business clients throughout the United States plus a few internationally.
We also do a significant amount of work for other web and graphic designers, particularly custom WordPress themes and site development.
Find out more about how we work, then let us help you elevate your web presence by creating or redesigning a custom, responsive, search engine-friendly design tailored precisely to your needs and goals.
Ready to get started? Get in touch for a free consultation – we’d love to discuss your ideas.