Why is it critical to have a fast WordPress site?
Studies show that:
- More than 50% of people will abandon a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load
- 74% of mobile users will abandon if it takes longer than 5 seconds to load
- 46% of users won’t return to a poorly-performing site
- The maximum ideal load time is 2 seconds
- Conversions decline 7% for each 1 second delay in loading
- Customer satisfaction decreases 16% for each 1 second delay in loading
How do we improve WordPress performance?
We’ll first address the “low-hanging fruit” – the big fixes that will make the most impact on reducing load time for your human visitors. Then we’ll provide recommendations for additional fine-scale tuning you may want to do, and we can help with that if you choose.
See recent results:
- BedTimes Magazine – we reduced site load time by 58%.
- AKG Motorsport – we reduced site load time by 75%.
- Pest Pro Thermal – we reduced site load time by 55%.
Our WordPress Performance Optimization includes:
- Testing load times to get a baseline for performance – both actionable metrics and best-practices conformity
- Identifying issues with site resources on the server (scripts, stylesheets, images)
- Finding performance issues with installed plugins and/or the theme
- Cleaning the database
- Removing spam comments, old revisions, lingering shortcodes and unused themes and plugins
- Checking the host setup
- Making “biggest bang for the buck” changes to improve loading speed in all areas
You’ll receive a report on the before/after results, actions taken, and any other recommendations to help the site stay fast going forward, plus a checklist of key ingredients for a speedy WordPress site.
Typical results are improvements of 25% -50% in load time, but we can’t guarantee that because a lot of it depends on factors external to your website.
Sign up today to get your WordPress Performance Optimization scheduled.