NEW! Our Performance Optimizations now include the new Core Web Vitals. These are the new metrics implemented by Google in 2021 for measuring load time, responsiveness and visual stability, with the goal of calculating a performance score that can quantify user experience.
A poor user experience can now directly impact your Google Search rankings. It’s time to get your website optimized for better performance!
Why is it critical to have a fast WordPress site?
Studies show that load time is so critical, it really has the power to make or break your website.
- More than 53% of mobile users will abandon a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load
- 65% of shoppers who have a poor user experience will not return
- 46% of users won’t return to a slow site
- The maximum ideal load time is 2 seconds.
- Conversions decline 7% for each 1 second delay in loading
- Customer satisfaction decreases 16% for each 1 second delay in loading
A study from 2019 showed that that average load time for a desktop site was 10.3s, and for mobile over 27s. We can do better!
How do we improve WordPress performance?
We’ll first address the “low-hanging fruit” – the big fixes that will make the most impact on reducing load time and improving the experience for your human visitors. Then we’ll provide recommendations for additional fine-scale tuning you may want to do, and we can help with that if you choose.
Remember that performance is an ongoing process. It’s a good idea to revisit your site’s loading times yearly or whenever a distinct slowdown is noticed.
See our results:
- WP Minder – see our Core Web Vitals results.
- BedTimes Magazine – we reduced site load time by 58%.
- AKG Motorsport – we reduced site load time by 75%.
- Pest Pro Thermal – we reduced site load time by 55%.
Our WordPress Performance Optimization includes:
- Testing load times to get a baseline for performance so we know what needs work.
- Checking the host setup.
- Identifying issues with site resources on the server (scripts, stylesheets, images).
- Finding performance issues with installed plugins and/or the theme.
- Cleaning the database to remove spam comments and old revisions.
- Looking for unused fonts, icons, plugins, and themes to remove.
- Reduce the impact of scripts and styles loading in your site, especially external ones.
- Improving the user experience.
In short, making “biggest bang for the buck” changes to improve loading speed in all areas.
You’ll receive a report on the before/after results, actions taken, and any other recommendations to help the site stay fast going forward, plus a checklist of key ingredients for a speedy WordPress site.
Typical results are improvements of 25% -50% in load time, but we can’t guarantee that because a lot of it depends on factors external to your website.
Sign up today to get your WordPress Performance Optimization scheduled.