As of 2018, WordPress is powering over 30% of the world’s websites. And that number is only increasing.
WordPress started out as a blogging platform when it launched in 2003, but it has come into its own as a wonderfully flexible, easy-to-learn CMS (content management system) that works especially well for small business websites.
With over 160 custom WordPress websites to our credit so far, we truly love WordPress and recommend it for many small businesses that are considering moving to a CMS, which makes it easy to edit and add new content.
Making the decision to focus on WordPress for our small business website clients was one of the best choices we’ve made! Red Kite owner Debbie Campbell has been a WordPress specialist since 2009.
WordPress is much easier to learn than the Joomla! or Drupal CMS platforms, makes far more sense than getting tied down to a proprietary CMS you won’t be able to easily leave, and is incredibly flexible. It can grow with your business – and help you grow your business.
What you can do with a WordPress small business website:
- Add unlimited new pages on the fly – no web developer required
- Add fresh content easily through the blog (this is critical for good search engine ranking today)
- Control editing and publishing features for different contributors to your site
- Thousands of addons increase its flexibility – you can do just about anything with WordPress!
- Ecommerce plugins make it easy to sell your products or services
- Search engine-friendly features and tools
- Moderate visitor blog comments so you must approve them before they appear on your site
- Change the look and feel of your site without changing the content
- Portability – can be moved easily to any server (PHP/MySQL required)
- Import content from other blogging platforms
- Connect your blog to social media networks
- And much more…