Responsive web design isn’t an option anymore – it’s an absolute necessity.That’s why every site we design and build works nicely across all types and sized of devices from phones to tablets to desktops.
Google began using mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor for search engine results waaaay back in 2015. If you’re in an industry where mobile-friendly content is the norm and your site doesn’t offer it, you will eventually experience slippage in search rankings. And it’s not going to get any better. More people spend time browsing the web on mobile devices than on desktops and laptops (see report).
Forcing your customers to zoom in to see content on your site is something that is going to irritate them so much they’ll just leave and go to your competitors’ websites. Choosing not to offer a mobile friendly website will help your competitors, if it’s not doing so already. And you don’t want to be that nice to your competitors, do you?
What does ‘responsive web design’ or ‘mobile friendly’ mean?
- A responsive site resizes its content dynamically depending on the size and orientation of the user’s browser.
- Content is rearranged on the fly to be displayed in a way that best suits that browser size. No pinching or zooming required.
Red Kite can help you create a mobile friendly website experience for your customers.
- Your site will be much easier to use on smaller devices. Don’t make your users struggle – they’ll just go elsewhere.
- Over 63% of online retail site visits are done on mobile devices.
- 47% of users expect a maximum of 2 seconds’ load time.
- 85% of users think a company’s mobile site should be as good or better than its desktop site.
- 38% of users say they’ll stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their phone or tablet.
- 57% of users won’t recommend a poorly designed mobile website.
- Only 30% of small businesses with a website are actually mobile friendly.
And here’s the big one:
- 88% of users who leave a troublesome mobile site will go to a competitor’s site instead.
Don’t let this happen – contact us today and get a free consultation about your website redesign.Get a free quote for your project