Responsive web design isn’t an option anymore – it’s an absolute necessity.That’s why every site we design and build works nicely across all types and sized of devices from phones to tablets to desktops.
Google began using mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor for search engine results waaaay back in 2015. If you’re in an industry where mobile-friendly content is the norm and your site doesn’t offer it, you will eventually experience slippage in search rankings. And it’s not going to get any better. More people spend time browsing the web on mobile devices than on desktops and laptops (see report).
Forcing your customers to zoom in to see content on your site is something that is going to irritate them so much they’ll just leave and go to your competitors’ websites. Choosing not to offer a mobile friendly website will help your competitors, if it’s not doing so already. And you don’t want to be that nice to your competitors, do you?
What does ‘responsive web design’ or ‘mobile friendly’ mean?
- A responsive site resizes its content dynamically depending on the size and orientation of the user’s browser.
- Content is rearranged on the fly to be displayed in a way that best suits that browser size. No pinching or zooming required.
Red Kite can help you create a mobile friendly website experience for your customers.
- Your site will be much easier to use on smaller devices. Don’t make your users struggle – they’ll just go elsewhere.
- Over 57% of online retail site visits are done on mobile devices.
- 80% of users say they’ll stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their phone or tablet.
- 57% of users won’t recommend a poorly designed mobile website.
- 40% of users who leave a troublesome mobile site will go to a competitor’s site instead.
And here’s the big one:
- Only 17% of small businesses with a website are actually mobile friendly.
That may mean a big opportunity for you to get ahead of your small business competitors! Request your free consultation today.